We use cookies on our website. By continuing to browse our site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more about our cookies Hide

Road Reporting – Pot Holes

Severe frost has caused a significant number of pot holes and other damage to appear on roads all over the country. On four wheels, dropping into a pot hole can be uncomfortable and may even result in damage to suspension or bodywork. . .

We are encouraging motorcyclists in particular to report any road defects such as pot holes, sunken drains, damaged inspection covers and use of overbanding to:-

A. the highways department of their local authority for minor and local roads or,

B. the local offices of the Highways Agency for motorways and major arterial routes.

Do not stop to measure or photograph pot holes; you may place yourself and others at risk.

Simply make a note of the exact location and type of damage/defects and report them. Most authorities will accept information by telephone, eMail or by using a dedicated on-line response form.

Report a Road in the North West


Lancashire County Council   Blackpool Council    Blackburn with Darwen Council


Cumbria County Council

Greater Manchester

Manchester City Council    Bolton MBC   Bury MBC   Oldham Council   Rochdale MBC

Salford City Council   Stockport MBC   Tameside MBC   Trafford MBC   Wigan MBC


Liverpool City Council    Knowsley MBC    Sefton Borough Council    St Helens Council    Wirral MBC


Cheshire East    Cheshire West & Chester    Halton Borough Council (Widnes & Runcorn)    Warrington Borough Council