Welcome to the the new RSBS website
Find out where the best places to get training with plenty of hints and tips
Who we are
RideSafe BackSafe is a biker-friendly road safety initiative that focuses on the well-being of all moped, scooter and motorcycle riders, using regular input from YOU, the motorcyclists. Our aims are simple. . . to promote the benefits of quality rider training, to highlight the need for all riders to wear the best protective clothing possible, wear a back protector at all times and to encourage everyone on the road to ‘THINK Bike’ and ‘THINK Biker’.
More and more people are using motorbikes / scooters to commute to work – why not? Its a great idea! It saves time and money. We’ve put together a short guide to help you stay safer on the roads.
We have a number of Galleries available showing pictures from various events and meet ups. Feel free to browse through by following the link below.
Statistically young riders are more likely to have a collision. There isn’t much that you can do about your age, but there are things you can do to make yourself safer on the roads. For safer riding tips click on the link below.
Latest Industry Advice
We have been working with experts from across the motorcycling industry to provide you with some sound advice about protective clothing, crash helmets, body armour and how to go about choosing the best kit to suit your biking needs.
The UN Decade of Action for Road Safety 2011 – 2020
The Road Safety Tag is the global symbol of the movement to improve safety on the roads. It has been adopted as the official symbol for the United Nations’ Decade of Action for Road Safety 2011-2020, which aims to reduce road deaths and injuries across the world. Nearly 1.3 million people die every year on the world’s roads, and up to 50 million are injured.
- 19th September – Book your place at the RSBS / IAM taster day now August 13, 2015
- Want a better route to biking? August 9, 2015
- Win £250 to spend on Safety Gear at Hunts Honda and join us for Breakfast! July 29, 2015
- DFT Launch new plans to boost motorcycle safety March 13, 2015
- RT @GlosRoadSafety: Take longer to look for bikes at junctions #THINKBIKE @thinkgovuk https://t.co/bl7OKpCHOF
2 days ago
- Heading home after a long week? So am I. I have plans this weekend I'm the one on two wheels #thinkbike @MCIATweets @IAMgroup
2 days ago
- RT @MCIATweets: New motorcycle registrations are up again! 14.2% in total, with motorcycles up 17% and scooters up 16.5% compared... https:…
3 days ago