Welcome to the the new RSBS website
Find out where the best places to get training with plenty of hints and tips
Who we are
RideSafe BackSafe is a biker-friendly road safety initiative that focuses on the well-being of all moped, scooter and motorcycle riders, using regular input from YOU, the motorcyclists. Our aims are simple. . . to promote the benefits of quality rider training, to highlight the need for all riders to wear the best protective clothing possible, wear a back protector at all times and to encourage everyone on the road to ‘THINK Bike’ and ‘THINK Biker’.
More and more people are using motorbikes / scooters to commute to work – why not? Its a great idea! It saves time and money. We’ve put together a short guide to help you stay safer on the roads.
We have a number of Galleries available showing pictures from various events and meet ups. Feel free to browse through by following the link below.
Statistically young riders are more likely to have a collision. There isn’t much that you can do about your age, but there are things you can do to make yourself safer on the roads. For safer riding tips click on the link below.
Latest Industry Advice
We have been working with experts from across the motorcycling industry to provide you with some sound advice about protective clothing, crash helmets, body armour and how to go about choosing the best kit to suit your biking needs.
The UN Decade of Action for Road Safety 2011 – 2020
The Road Safety Tag is the global symbol of the movement to improve safety on the roads. It has been adopted as the official symbol for the United Nations’ Decade of Action for Road Safety 2011-2020, which aims to reduce road deaths and injuries across the world. Nearly 1.3 million people die every year on the world’s roads, and up to 50 million are injured.
- DFT Launch new plans to boost motorcycle safety March 13, 2015
- Research February 2, 2015
- Police and Motorcycle Industry launch policy framework calling for increased & safer motorcycle use February 2, 2015
- RSBS IAM Taster Day 28th September 2014 September 6, 2014
- RT @emerge_mike: The number of motorcycles using the roads rise at the weekend... Drivers #thinkbike @IAMgroup @Brakecharity @MCIATweets @…
18 hours ago
- RT @emerge_mike: Weekend ride? Don't make your ride out a wipe out #ridesafe #bikerthink @rsbsbikers @IAMgroup @roadsafety @BikeSafeUK
18 hours ago
- Is your bike fit for the road? Remember to always check your B.O.L.T.S. That's your brakes, oil level, lights, tyres and steering. #RSBS
3 days ago